OT: Email BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Jeffrey Race pmmail@dmiyu.org
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 08:36:27 +0700

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:57:48 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
>Tuesday, December 05, 2000, 2:34:16 PM, Don wrote:
>> I understand, I'm a customer of them myself (nationwide dial up for ISP)......
maybe>> this is the way to get their attention...
>    For what?  I'm all for castrating spammers so they don't breed but at
>least keep a sane targetting.  Since uu.net resells their IPs for dial-up why
>should they be black holed because some schmuck in Wichita dialing into
>Foonet, using Foonet's mail server, is spamming?  Black holing uu.net
>doesn't stop the spam from Foonet's server, doesn't motivate Foonet in
>any way, and only unfairly slaps uu.net.
>    To put an analogy on it (like all analogies aren't flawed) it would be
>like carpet bombing the US Postal Service because someone uses them to mail
>out hardcopy spam to you and they have an address with a zip code.

With respect I disagree vigorously and absolutely.

My business suffers constantly from spam emitted by UU.NET and its customers.
I have had extensive discussions with their technical and legal staffs.
They refuse to take effective action they could easily implement.  I can
provide details to anyone who is interested.

I have also on my own time assembled complete case files for UU.NET legal
staff to undertake prosecutions against spammers, including identity of
spammers, their legal service addresses, and complete logs.  Their legal
staff ignores all such information and refuses to act.

>From the evidence in my hand (incomplete, but growing) I conclude that this
firm is run with a view to making the maximum money for itself without
regard to its adverse impact on victims like us, and without regard for
the law.   I am keen to be persuaded otherwise but I have been rebuffed
in every attempt to get cooperation from UU.NET against spammers.  It is
a very regrettable situation.

Jeffrey Race