OT: Email BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Morse pmmail@dmiyu.org
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:01:43 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:28:52 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

re:>> With respect I disagree vigorously and absolutely.
re:>
re:>> My business suffers constantly from spam emitted by UU.NET and its
customers.
re:>
re:>    You're missing my point.  A lot of people, and software, will track
re:>spammers back to uu.net when it is not a uu.net customer doing the spamming.

well, I fully understand the relationship, being such a customer...  however, I
believe you are missing the point in this respect...

as an ISP, we are responsible for our customers and their customers.  I lease
colocate space and my contract is between the colocater and myself.  However, if
he has a customer spamming...   IT'S MY INTERNET CONNECTION THAT'S
THREATENED BY THE TIER ONE PROVIDER.  There for I am responsible even though
I have no contract with the spammer...  UU.NET should be held to the same level of
responsibility.  Simply because they're big, we tend to look the other way.  Over
80% of the mail I receive is trashed, manually or automatically due to it's content
and it's wasting my time...

If you want to kill a snake, you cut off the head..  trimming the tail rarely kills him.
       D Morse using OS/2 Warp 4, fp14,
                     ICQ #   245937
dmorse@pacificnet.net, www.blackpalace.com
Quote of the day: "If Bill Gates had a nickel
      for every time Windows crashed....
             Oh wait, he does."