PMMail attachments??

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:30:31

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:14:29 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Wednesday, February 16, 2000, 9:10:31 AM, Ken wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:33:36 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
>>>    Outlook is most likely the problem.
>
>> Funny you should mention that.  A person at another U. sends me
>> powerpoint files with Outlook.  When she replies to my mail, the
>> attachment comes through fine.  When she sends them attached to an
>> original email note, the attachment gets "scrambled".
>
>    Let's test that theory.  Send me a message.  Let's see if TB! can handle
>it.  If you warn me I can drop out of TB! and check it in mutt first.  :)

I have seen this happen with Outlook and other Micros~1 products. They
seem to use a content type that is an ms-text or ms- something that I
forget. The filename is not contained in the standard way in the
headers, it is part of the attachment. Most mailers display the
attachment as "unnamed attachment 1.att" but Micros~1 products know the
real filename. Another example of the Micros~1 hegemony at work....

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails