OT MacLawyers

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:03:55 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:40:37 +0100, Alexander Sarras wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:34:00 +0000 (GMT), Simon Bowring wrote:
>
>>>The program is McList and is available at BMTMicro, Inc. for $12.
>>>Of course it is free to try out.
>>
>>There's a brave man - taking on MacDonald's MacLawyers (who
>>work very hard to stop anyone calling anything Mac or Mc Anything)!
>>
>I`d really like to see them taking on more than half the population of Scotland ;->

They effectively did - and won! A certain Mr Ron McDonald in Scotland wanted to set up a business but was prevented
from using Ronald MacDonald in the name or advertising because that name was already a part of the Big Mac empire

>On the other hand, maybe the don't sell much there...

I'd say they think they sell enough to make it worth the legal battle.

Christian Regards,
John & Marjo Angelico		Kingsley Educational Pty Ltd
Phone +613 9544 8792		P O Box 310
Fax +613 9544 2328		Mount Waverley
Email: talldad@kepl.com.au	VIC 3149 AUSTRALIA
Web: http://www.kepl.com.au
| We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord,  |
| His power and the wonders He has done    Ps 78:4                      |

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... "Are you the Fish Fryer?" "No, I'm the Chip Monk."