Re: Fwd: Re: 2.1.2010 + Test: "Grüne Äpfel hätten öfters Ölsoße am Überhang!"

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:05:12

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 22:36:18 -0800 (PST), Bernhard E Krevet wrote:

>This time using 8bit encoding.
>
>==================BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE==================
>On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:28:24 -0500, Jimmy McCorquodale wrote:
>
>>OS/2
>>1.  Umlauts are displaying correctly in the body but not in the
>     subject.  The letter is
>>    'FC Hex'. The codepage definition in config.sys is 850. The
>     configuration in PMMail is ISO 8859-1, 8 bit encoding.
>
>I am sending a test message, adding some German Umlauts here
>and in the subject:
>
> "Grne pfel htten fters lsoe am berhang!"
>
>Transfer encoding is quoted printable.

With the previous post I got the umlauts correctly in subject line,
message list and body, however, in the post with 8 bit encoding the
umlauts are missing in the body but present in the subject and message
list.

I assume that's what you wanted to know.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails