PMMail crashes on select text

Ray pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 09:08:21 -0500 (EST)

John M Price PhD wrote:

>I don't know, but it seems that 2.10 is worse than 2.00.  Today, the
>thing crashed as I was selecting text from one message to paste into
>another I was writing.  That rather long message was killed.  The
>system, in fact, froze dead.  Watchcat would not even come up.  Dead -
>dead - dead.
>
>That long message I was composing?  PMMail asks to reopen message when a
>bad shutdown takes place.  What I got had no relation to what I wrote,
>it was about three lines from another message entirely.
>
>Sheesh.

That's a pretty awful problem but I must say whatever my complaints
about PMMail/2 I haven't seen this behavior.  I used to see earlier
versions of PMMail/2 crash and the like, and after pullling my hair
out for quite some time, I stopped using the keyboard macro
application I was using (jumpkey, I thnk it was called) and -- no
more crashes.

It's certainly unacceptable behavior, but I can't remember seeing
other messages (about PMMail/2 that is, as opposed to PMMail 2000
which I think "Dave in Phoenix AZ" is talking about), so I'd wager
it's a conflict with another program.

Now, I just wish they'd be sure in the next release to correct the
problem of the folder.bags becoming unwired and making it necessary
to reindex one or another folder several times a week....

-Ray Tennenbaum