addr.mru?

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 17:38:57 +0100

On Fri, 07 Jul 2000 12:02:39 -0400, Mike Kilroy wrote:

>I discovered something I didn't know before.  In attempt to keep
>multiple machines upto date in address book by copying from one main
>listing, I found addr.mru.  What is it?

It is the 'most recently used' list for addresses. Every time you type
in an address or select a reply address that doesn't come from the
address book, it is stored in addr.mru. At present mine seems to have
24 entries.

I forget exactly what the rules for it are, but right lick in the To:
or Cc: box of a compose window and you will see the most recently used
entry there with a right arrow to access the list.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails