Fwd: RE: Newsletter Technical Feedback

Markus Greiling pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 08 Jul 2000 14:20:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 07 Jul 2000 17:20:26 -0300, Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Jul 2000 08:25:35 +0200 (CEST), Markus Greiling wrote:
>
>>RFC 2045 - 2049
>
>URL to find them? Sorry, I've never had much luck understanding RFCs
>(or even how "requests for comments" can be considered
>"specifications") so I've never bookmarked where to find them.

What was the definition of the basics behind the internet?

"It's working on rough consensus and running code"

In so far "RFC" is the appropriate abbreviation for
"Rough^h^hF Consensus" :^)

Since the RFC's are the only standard existing (defining also
such unimportant things like e.g. TCP/IP) you really should
stick to them.

Regards,

Markus