OT Was: Newsletter Technical Feedback

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 08 Jul 2000 10:35:47 -0300

On Fri, 07 Jul 2000 19:30:03 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice wrote:

>No such country code. If you mean the USA/Canada and some Carabiene(sp)
>Islands then the country code is 1.

And just to confirm, yes the "7bit is the best solution for everyone,
even those who need accented characters" person was in the good old
United States of America, God bless her soul and smite her enemies.

I, however, am in Canada and would prefer some evidence to
demonstrate to her how 7bit is not sufficient for the majority of the
world (or better yet, even the majority of Europe). But then I
suspect it will still make no difference to this company. Most such
companies tend to have a "we're making money, why the hell should we
care if things don't work right for a couple hundred million people"
attitude.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor