The BS(w) PMMail Timeline

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:29:55 -0400 (EDT)

I put together the following timeline gathered from posts from BS(w)
Customer Reps to this mailing list.  In recognition of this string of
broken promises and unfulfilled pronouncements, I will henceforth refer
to BSW as BS(w), which I feel better represents the company's actions
thus far.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

February 1, 2000

"As a side note, we now have a new lead programmer that will take over
development of PMMail.  I haven't gotten the finalization to say who
yet, but many of you have viewed his work already."

"Also I should have timeline of the updates in about 2 weeks."

March 2, 2000

"After a bit of discussion on the users and my disappointment regarding
the delay of the timeline and further announcements (I showed messages
from  this various lists, message boards, and ones received by email).
I am now told that I timeline will be ready at the beginning of next
week."

"The new development team announcement should be made at this time
well.  The deal has been made, I am just waiting for the OK of a press
release."

March 13, 2000

"Haven't posted the timeline yet.  I have been  adding a few days
'padding' when I tell you guys the date, I guess I need to add 'extra'.
Just got word back on the progress of fixing some of the Windows bugs
hopefully this will help tie you over."
"Will get back when I can about PMMail/2, new features, and more
Windows fixes.  Will try and have some more good news this evening."

April 13, 2000

>2  Are there any  plans for the release of a bug fix update to PMMail/2
>*AND* PMMAIL 2000 in the next 3 months?  How about the next 6 months?

"Yes, within the month.  Possibly even sooner.  Testing in house should
be beginning here in the next few  days."

"A 'Lite' freeware version of PMMail will likely be released in the
next week."

May 5, 2000

"I am sorry for the lack of info.  We are unfortunately and obviously
running behind on the development of PMMail."

"The release and date estimates which I had mentioned on the list
previously were based off of the latest progress reports that I had
been given on the status.  Due to outside circumstances we have run
into a few delays."

"I will hold off on releasing any more date related info until I get
something definite (and running on my machine)."

Ralph Cohen
rpcohen@neurotron.com