Requiem

Jens Berg pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:54:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:46:18 -0700, Chris Adams wrote:

>Does anyone know of a mail client on any platform which supports IMAP well
>and has a well-polished interface that doesn't use MDI?

About half a year ago I also investigated for a new email client because I
wanted to change my daily work platform from OS/2 to Linux.
About your comments regarding Messenger, Ouloook etc.: You're absolutely
right!
After all I figured out two alternatives for me: PINE, if you are willing to
accept a text mode interface, some "hand work" and no IMAP, or XFMAIL if you
accept the old X-forms look and feel. XFMAIL probably has to be recompiled,
because the standard binary limits the size of a single mail to something
about 3 MByte. XFMAIL supports POP and IMAP as well - not perfectly but it
works. Sometimes it crashes, but after all, you've got the source code and can
fix it ;-). Nevertheless, after 4 weeks of trail I was annoyed enough to
switches back to OS/2 and PMMail ...

Jens