The BS(w) PMMail Timeline

Rodney R. Korte pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:10:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:29:55 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>I put together the following timeline gathered from posts from BS(w)
>Customer Reps to this mailing list.  In recognition of this string of
>broken promises and unfulfilled pronouncements, I will henceforth refer
>to BSW as BS(w), which I feel better represents the company's actions
>thus far.

Sad, sad, sad.

There are a certain few people who bitch and bitch to get information
from a software development firm, whose software they profess to love
and use.  Overworked, and underpaid, the developers have less and less
time to interact on a daily (or weekly) basis on a mailing list.
Eventually the product is sold, and the new company actually has somebody
to fill this position!  So what happens?  He get blasted from all sides.
He tries to give honest answers, which, for all good intents, turn out
to be incorrect.  And what happens?  Some asshole assembles this person's
good-will posts to the lists in a most insulting manner.

For some others of you, make an analogy between this and "request stupid
little features, ad infinitum, and then bitch about feature creep and
bloat".

Why do I even subscribe to this list?  I don't know anymore.  Why did BoB
and Ikon stop contributing to the list?  Why doesn't BSW contribute to
this list anymore?  I've got a pretty damn good idea.
--
Rodney R. Korte                   OS/2. Operate at a higher level.
rkorte@psu.edu                 ---> MIME, PGP (at URL below) welcome.