Requiem

Larry Ebbitt pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:54:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:24:14 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    Another advantage of IMAP is that only the parts you want to download are
>downloaded.  Say someone sends you a 300k attachment, a picture of their new
>brat.  With POP you download the whole 300k so you can read the message "Hey,
>it's my new brat!" and then get disgusted and delete it.  With IMAP the MUA
>downloads the header which gives you the information of the message (number
>of attachments, who it is from, subject, etc.)  Then you can double clikc and
>the MUA will download only the part you just requested, the body.  It shows
>the body.  "Hey, it's my new brat!"  You then get disgusted and delete it
>from the server without ever having to download the 300k attachment.

This sounds very useful.  I get a lot of attachments I don't want.
Despite my previous post, perhaps I will complain.  Thanks for the
tutorial.

Larry  -  Atlanta / OS/2

DISCLAIMER:  In the case that I contradicted something else I said
in this or some other post, the verbiage that is correct will override
the incorrect verbiage and the incorrect verbiage will be void!