Redux: HTML mail crashes PMMail/2

Bruce Francis pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:59:42 -0400 (EDT)

For those who think these things are rare, or "I never seen one of
those here", I just received another one (2 different ones in 3 days).
This one was titled "INCOME from Electric Deregulation", and it
only took me 20 minutes to work around it this time -- I'm getting
better.  (I had no interest in reading it based on the title, but when I
clicked on it to select it for deletion the preview pane forced an
"open", and BAM! .... SYS3175.)

I like the preview window, but I guess I'm going to have to consider
turning it off until this gets fixed.
  [That will be a tough decision, as "until this gets fixed" continues
  to be ignored by BS(w) -- so I don't know if it will be this year, or 2004.]

---
     ==> Bruce
>From: "Bruce Francis" <bfrancis@pobox.com>
>To: "pmmail@rpglink.com" <pmmail@rpglink.com>
>Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:23:44 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: HTML mail crashes PMMail/2

Trevor/BSW personnel,

I just received another of those &*%#* HTML emails which crashes
PMMail/2.  On 4/27 I sent a copy of one of those to Trevor, and he
indicated at that time that BSW was already aware of the problem.

It's a moderate mess working around one of these, as all PMMail/2
has to do is open it, in any manner, to crash the email client.

Can we get this fixed?   I realize, Trevor, that you aren't in charge
of getting fixes completed, but would it be possible to get an official
word from someone at BSW about when this might get fixed?
Perhaps Thomas could enlighten us a bit about what is going on?
Someone?   Anyone?

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"