Redux: HTML mail crashes PMMail/2

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:30:03 -0300 (ADT)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:59:42 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:

>I like the preview window, but I guess I'm going to have to consider
>turning it off until this gets fixed.
>  [That will be a tough decision, as "until this gets fixed" continues
>  to be ignored by BS(w) -- so I don't know if it will be this year, or 2004.]

We are not ignoring this bug. We are (obviously) aware of it very
concerned with fixing it properly. We hope to have a fix available as
soon as possible.
---

Personally (read: not speaking for BSW), I have never understood why
anyone would want the preview pane. The fact that it is there shows
that some people do, I guess, but not me. I have always turned it
off. It's not big enough to read a full message so I still have to
open them to read them. It takes up space in my message list so it's
annoying that way. And it is *extremely* rare (probably 1 in 1,000
messages) that I see a message I think I want to read which turns out
to be junk. Usually I can tell spam within a half second of seeing
the Subject: or From: address.

Shrug. Just my opinion. I'd be interested in hearing why people like
the preview pane.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6