Redux: HTML mail crashes PMMail/2

Joachim F. Selinger pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:49:49 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Trevor,

On 16 Jun, Trevor Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:59:42 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:
>>I like the preview window, but I guess I'm going to have to consider
>>turning it off until this gets fixed.
> Personally (read: not speaking for BSW), I have never understood why
> anyone would want the preview pane. The fact that it is there shows
> that some people do, I guess, but not me. I have always turned it
> off. It's not big enough to read a full message so I still have to
> open them to read them. It takes up space in my message list so it's
> annoying that way. And it is *extremely* rare (probably 1 in 1,000
> messages) that I see a message I think I want to read which turns out
> to be junk. Usually I can tell spam within a half second of seeing
> the Subject: or From: address.
>
> Shrug. Just my opinion. I'd be interested in hearing why people like
> the preview pane.

I do use it. Maybe your screen resolution is smaller than mine? I can read
many messages in the preview pane (at 1280x1024 pixels on 19 inch) without
having to open them at all. It is much quicker this qay to quickly look
for a specific one from a whole list of ones with the same subject. There
still is no threading which makes dealing with a lot of lists a pain.

The only thing that bothers me is that all PGP signed message get alrady
checked in the preview pane and that makes browsing those quickly a pain
(a pane ;-) )  in the a.. .

I'm looking forward to an update.

Jocki
--
Joachim F. Selinger        /  \ /  \/\ /\/  \              ___