The BS(w) PMMail Timeline

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:41:54 +0100 (BST)

>Now, for those odd non-native-english-speakers how about a concise
>explanation ?
Born and bred in England, but I'm not entirely sure what's going on
(apart from it's a humerous exchange of mild insults). I doubt you're
missing much, but I'll do my best!

>It's easy to stop.
[That one's easy, no translation required]
>We really needed someone to chime in and start name-calling.
[also quite easy but sarcastic, so: "We [don't] need someone to join
in and start being insulting."

[Harder and may have cultural aspects that elude me, but...]"You're
a "mother's boy" wimp/puff/whatever!

>     Oh yeah!  Well, you're a poopie head!
[Easy] "Oh yeah, well you're a shit head!"

Simon [It's 17:30 and I think I got away with it, phew!]