The BS(w) PMMail Timeline

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:55:23 -0700

Friday, June 16, 2000, 9:41:54 AM, Simon wrote:
>>Now, for those odd non-native-english-speakers how about a concise
>>explanation ?
> Born and bred in England, but I'm not entirely sure what's going on
> (apart from it's a humerous exchange of mild insults). I doubt you're
> missing much, but I'll do my best!

    That's about it.

>>It's easy to stop.
> [That one's easy, no translation required]
>>We really needed someone to chime in and start name-calling.
> [also quite easy but sarcastic, so: "We [don't] need someone to join
> in and start being insulting."

    Yup.

> [Harder and may have cultural aspects that elude me, but...]"You're
> a "mother's boy" wimp/puff/whatever!

    That is what I gathered.

>>     Oh yeah!  Well, you're a poopie head!
> [Easy] "Oh yeah, well you're a shit head!"

    Yup.  Except, as Skip noted, it is something that two year old would say
in a name calling match with someone else.  Actually, I'd place it more at the
3-5 age range.  Point was that it was in response to "We really needed someone
to chime in and start name-calling" in an obviously childish and humorous
manner to appease what was said without really insulting anyone.  Lame attempt
to defuse the situation, I guess.  Normally works.  I'll have to check with
the flamemail bomb squad to see what happened this time.  ;)

    HTH, Alex.