Filter for crashing emails

Bruce Francis pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:45:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:49:08 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Jun 2000 01:30:19 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:
>
>>This will only catch well-behaved messages. I have found that this will
>>not filter all html messages. My html filter is as follows:
>>h.Content-Type="text/html" | b.subtype="html" | b="<html>" |
>>a.subtype="html"
>>So far this has captured all html messages.
>
>And again, thanks!

Trevor,

Have you tried these additions into your filter, with one of
the "bad" (double-encoded JavaScript) messages?  The additions
that were suggested -- specifically, the     b="<html>"
will likely cause the BODY of the message to be parsed, as the
b=         is short for           body=

I am wondering if this will force PMMail to open the body, and
thus crash, while filtering .....

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"