filter for killer HTML

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:49:20 -0300 (ADT)

Here is my latest revision of the Killer HTML filter:

1. Enabled (checked)
2. Complex (checked) with these settings:

!(Header.Toid="$c.acctid$" | Header.Cc="$c.acctid$")
&
(Header.Content-Type="html")
&
(Body="SCRIPT LANGUAGE" & Body="JavaScript" & Body="IpVecIpV")

3. Incoming (checked)
4. Actions:
   a) Set status "Read"
   b) Move message "Trash"
   c) Delete message "Local copy"
   d) Inform user

This filter assumes you do not have "true deletes" checked.

This filter checks 3 things: 1) if the incoming email is *not*
addressed to you in the To: or Cc: fields, 2) if the string "html"
appears in the "Content-type" header line and 3) if the incoming
email has three specific strings in it which seem to appear in all
the killer HTML messages.

If these three conditions are met, the message will be deleted
immediately.

Finally, the filter lets you know that a message has been found and
removed.

If you are extremely paranoid and worry that this filter might
accidentally delete a useful message, you can eliminate action 4c
(Delete message "Local copy"). You will then be able to look over the
messages in the trash folder to see if they really need to be
deleted.

CAUTION: THIS DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THIS FILTER. The purpose of this
filter is to remove the offending emails *BEFORE* you have a chance
to view them, either from the preview pane or by double-clicking.

Again, this is an interim solution until we can fix the bug in PMMail
which causes this crash.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6