Sharing PMMail across network

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:36:37 +0900 (EST)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:39:14 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 00:58:36 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>>I've been using it for a couple of years to allow me to access my HPFS
>>drives when booting from a DOS floppies or Windows partitions.  I just
>>realized while writing this, however, that while using iHPFS allows me
>>to see and read from the HPFS partitions on the Win98 system, it's not
>>really being used to access the HPFS partitions on the OS/2 systems on
>>the network since they're always accessable through the peer network
>>anyway.
>
>I was going to say, a read only driver wouldn't be much use to a
>person wanting to share PMMail files between OS/2 and Windows. :-)
>There are read-write HPFS drivers for WinNT and FAT32 and read-write
>NTFS drivers for OS/2 (I think). Does anyone know if there are any
>read-write HPFS drivers for Win98?

Nearest I have found is a DOS driver at http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~f96-bet/ihpfs/ courtesy of the APC Australian
mag CD with full Warp 4 GA on it.

Its ihpfs128.zip and appears not to be under any further development. It is also read-access only.

Please check the web page which is still alive (more than can be said for other examples of deadware).

Sorry I can't help any more.

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 Zealot
Melbourne Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Email: talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... If I've cleared anything up, I'm terribly sorry about it.