"Cannot resolve SMTP host name"

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:48:40

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:25:51, David Gaskill wrote:

>>Did you try telnetting to port 25 of the server? That may give you a
>>clue. Traceroute is another thing to try.
>
>Don't know how to do this. Could you try it for me?

Currently this host is unreachable from here, it could be temporary,
but more likely to be because the outgoing mail is queued on a machine
that is only accessible from within your ISP's own network.

Since you are using NT4 I see, it should be possible to get a TCP or IP
trace of the connection attempt, I would expect NT to have the tools to
do that but I don't have the commands needed off the top of my head.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails