"Cannot resolve SMTP host name"

John Thompson pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:05:25 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:59:41 -0500 (EST), Norm wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Mar 2000 20:48:10, David Gaskill wrote:
>
>>>Since you are using NT4 I see, it should be possible to get a TCP or IP
>>>trace of the connection attempt, I would expect NT to have the tools to
>>>do that but I don't have the commands needed off the top of my head.

>>Bryan,
>>
>>Thanks for your help.
>>
>>How could it be a that I can connect to the SMTP server via Outlook Express but not via
>>PMMail?

>     Are you *ABSOLUTELY* sure you've got the *EXACT* same settings in
>both Outlook and PMMail???

PMMAIL seems to have some <ahem> "idiosyncracies" in hostname lookups, at
least in the OS/2 version.  I have been unable to receive via
pop3.attglobal.net using PMMAIL for well over a year, but when I
substitute the IP address 32.97.166.3 it works fine.  Other mail programs
do not have this problem so I am quite sure it is a PMMAIL bug.

John (john.thompson@attglobal.net)