"Cannot resolve SMTP host name"

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:01:35 +0000 (GMT)

>I shall try tweaking my hosts file and see if that helps.  There was no entry
>for "pop3.attglobal.net" but there was one for "pop03.ca.attglobal.net" which I
>suppose might still cause problems if it is seen as a synonym for
>pop3.attglobal.net.

Good plan - I would remove all your *.attglobal.net from your hosts file.

BTW: An nslookup of "pop03.ca.attglobal.net" here, indicates there is no
     such host/doamin, but pop3.attglobal.net resolves to 32.97.166.3

It also indicates theat the real name is "pop3.prserv.net" and another
synonym is "pop03.ca.us.prserv.net"

I'm still 75% sure the problem does rest within pmmail, despite your
protestations!  You can get quite strange behaviour with dodgy DNS
setups, sadly the dodgyness may not be on your machine, it could be on
a server somewhere!

Simon Bowring