TZ

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:36:24 -0800

Monday, March 20, 2000, 6:40:37 AM, Trevor wrote:
> computer magazines, are NOT home users but, instead, servers and
> other business machines. I would imagine most of the linux hackers
> that run these machines -- as only linux machines, not dual boot
> machines -- leave them working the "proper" internetworked way.

    Debian, at least, gives the user the option upon installing which to use.
Localtime or UTC with an appropriate variable set.  It stresses that the only
time using the localtime method is advised is if you're dual-booting the
machine.

    My server runs on UTC.  It also syncs against 3 separate tier 3 time
servers and both my home and work workstations sync against it.  ;)