TZ

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:44:29 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:51:49 +0000 (GMT), Simon Bowring wrote:

>Yes, the reason is that's how the C runtime libraries for OS/2 (and
>DOS and Windows) are coded to work, and since you can't change
>programs that were written in the past (some in MS and Watcom
>C/C++ which you can't even get anymore), there is no other choice!

I'm only vaguely familiar with the C libraries so this is a genuine
question:

Couldn't one "fix" the libraries or some OS/2 system file or
something so that every time a program used whatever standard API
call it uses to get the time from OS/2, the TZ variable was applied
before OS/2 sent the info to the application?

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor