TZ

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:44:58 -0400 (AST)

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 07:44:12 +0000, John Drabik wrote:

>I am beginning to see Linux pop up in a lot of homes.  Many of them

Me too. In fact, it's popped up (and down) in my own home 3 times so
far.

>do NOT have two operating systems.  Most of them, that I see are
>running Caldera (which gives GMT/local time as an install option), or

Oh. I've still never seen Caldera in person anywhere.

>RedHat.  A few Debian machines in businesses, but I've heard they are

I don't remember off the top of my head. Does RedHat offer a local
time/universal time choice on installation?

>Programs, such as OD or others, can have a "sensitivity" list (I
>think DragText does that too).  These are programs that are known to
>have problems with interactions.  If that intelligence could be added
>to a new clock driver, with a list of "compatible" apps, the driver
>could return GMT, otherwise, local time.  Granted, this would be a
>royal pain in the patoot, and the program list could be quite long

True. Let's just write an open source, OS/2-equivalent kernel, etc.
and be done with being locked into someone else's design mistakes.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6