OT: OS/2, Linux and Windows (was Re: TZ)

Larry Ebbitt pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:07:58 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:34:42 -0500, Jonathan B. Bayer wrote:

>Hmmm, don't make fun of shell scripts.  I've seen complete accounting
>systems written in shell scripts.  Unix has different shells, so you
>can use the one which works best.

Sorry.  I've taken a good look at a few different shell scripts.  None
of them would make a pimple on the rear end of REXX, let alone
Object REXX.  It's as though the authors deliberately made them arcane
and inconvenient.  REXX is almost instinctive.

Larry  -  Atlanta / OS/2

DISCLAIMER:  In the case that I contradicted something else I said
in this or some other post, the verbiage that is correct will override
the incorrect verbiage and the incorrect verbiage will be void!