TZ

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:26:06 -0400 (AST)

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:17:56 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    I do believe the words you're looking for are "slim and none and slim just
>left town."  The chances of getting something like the WPS on Linux are /far/
>more likely than someone building a complete OS /and/ a clone of the WPS.

:-) We'll see <smug smile>.

I don't doubt that Linux-ers could eventually build a WPS clone, but
I understand that there are some significant obstacles. Also, I don't
think most of the Linux world (the noteable exception being those who
have switched from OS/2) has a clue about the WPS and how great it
is, or even that it exists.

BTW, we don't necessarily need a WPS clone. Conceivably, if we had a
kernel clone we might run the existing WPS on top of it. But
preferably I'd like to see a WPS clone too since the WPS, as great as
it is, needs a LOT of work. (Though much of this work is being done
now by the XWorkplace folks.)

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6