OT: OS/2, Linux and Windows (was Re: TZ)

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 01:06:53 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:17:25 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

> Furthermore, even taking your
>example, there are studies of primary school children being able to work with
>Linux easier than Windows because its interface and internal logic is more
>consistent.

Doing what.. compiling kernels?<g>  What kind of "work" were these
children doing that benefitted so much from the Linux OS.  Usually
children (especially) are shielded from the OS by whatever application
or game they're using.  Personally, I've never seen an operating system
so ideally designed for mindless interaction as Windows9x.  It is
strengthened by it's lack of internal logic and immutable interface
which keeps users from doing serious harm.<g>

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com