problems saving attachment?

Francesco Loffredo pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:08:58 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:27:12 -0400 (AST), Trevor Smith wrote:
->Can people on this list that have HPFS partitions try saving this
->attachment (named .nedit) to their hard drives and let me know if it
->works or not? Also, if not, what error message you receive? Thanks.
Sure! (dragged and dropped on my desktop) Done. No error message.

->I've had a report that the attachment save fails with an "invalid
->filename" error but I have absolutely no problem saving it (to a HPFS
->drive). The person with the problem insists he doesn't even have any
->FAT drives so I guess that's not the problem...
Same for me (both the lack of problems and the guess)

Just in case, I also used the RMB and the "Save As" menu choice. I chose the
E:\WinTmp directory, and the E: drive is an HPFS one.
BINGO! "The specified file name is not valid" ... Here it is. It seems to be
related with the "Save As" dialog. If I choose the third menu option, that
happens to point to a different dir on the same partition, your file gets
saved without a glitch. A new bug appears!

                                       Francesco Loffredo - Milano, Italy
                                                 fal@galactica.it
                                                   IT Consultant
                                        IBM Certified OS/2 Warp Engineer