PMMail/2 problems

John M Price, PhD pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:50:53 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Joachim F. Selinger wrote:

> On 27 Mar, John M Price, PhD wrote:
> > Let me clarify the pop issue.
> > I see tails of messages, perhaps the last line of one, which shold not
> > be there.  The first line should be From:.....  and when I delete the
> > leftovers, all is well.
>
> Where do you see this and with what do you fix it?
> (like vi and on the POP host?)

On the mail file:  /var/mail/j/jmprice

To fix it I use simply pico (I am so used to it via pine) and delete the
offending top line.

> > At the same times, I get the ends of messages munged.
>
> Hmmmh. Sound like a server problem as I said....

Seems more like PMMail/2 isn't accepting the whole message, or deciding it
has the whole message before it actually does.

That said it could be either.

--
John M. Price, PhD                                     jmprice@calweb.com
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling!      |      PGP Key on request or FTP!