Re[4]: Life after PMMail

Cristian Secara pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:52:25 +0300

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:24:43 -0400 (AST), Trevor Smith wrote:

>Yes, in sending, those characters do get changed. This is the same
>with *all* email programs.

No, at that time, I tested with Outlook Express and The Bat! under same
circumstances - with those mailers the regional caracters remains
intact.
Please take note, some are *disappearing* (I cannot recall now wich,
but I will find out).

>Many email servers on the Internet can not
>handle 8 bit characters and 8 bit characters are required to display
>umlauts, etc.

The problem mentioned can be tested even with the message waiting in
the Outbox folder, there is no need to physically send the message.

Best wishes,
	Cristi