Accented characters in PMMAIL (windows) vs External Editor

Jonas T Larsson pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:34:38 +0200

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:43:29 -0800, Bernhard E Krevet wrote:

>When I create or receive email with accented characters (umlaute etc) a=
nd
>chose to externally edit the text, the acctended characters are totally=

>screwed. Is there a setting that I may have overlooked?

No, I think the client is buggy, I have the same problem and have tried
virtually every setting comination there is to make the client do this
right. For another side of the same coin try to use "paste quoted" with
some text with high ascii chars and see what happens. In some cases
high ascii even is incorrectly displayed in the normal reader window
but correctly displayed in the preview pane. I have mailed support a
few times about this but still no word from them. This problem regards
both rich text (html) and plain text.

Yours Jonas

--
Jonas Larsson       ((     "Var liten r=E4ka
Tornav=E4gen 19:131   ))         ropa och kv=E4ka