Email Line Lengths

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:16:04 -0800

Tuesday, March 28, 2000, 2:20:02 PM, Michael wrote:
> someone receiving these things on a @$%@% Palm Pilot, we're all in
> trouble! :)

    Would it be to late to mention I do get mail on my Palm from time to time?
Of course I know that that is well below the accepted limit so I don't
complain just as the 73 character screen is below.

> Oh, well, <70, check.

    Or just reflow quotes.

> (I guess it would be tedious of me to point out that
> paragraph-based formatting, which is what I was arguing for, would
> eliminate the ragged lines that bother you? That's why I favor it.
> Pace that quoting issue and the fossilized 1000-char limit from the
> ARPANET days. No, you're right. It _would_ be tedious.)

    Except it introduces the host of problems we have described to you.
Simply put it forces an assumption about the data to be made which is best not
to be made by the software.