TZ... Again (OT)

Norm pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:39:59 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:25:42 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>However, OS/2 really, really doesn't change the clock across
>daylight savings time changes, honest - but I would not
>expect you to beleive me now!!
>
>Windows does, OS/2 doesn't!

     IIRC (which is sometimes up for grabs) this is because OS/2
ignores anything after the offset in the 'TZ' environment setting.  It
doesn't consider the longer string in error, but it doesn't do anything
with it either.  If you look at the 'TZ' variable in the online help
you'll also notice that only the offset is mentioned.

--
 ...Cheers,

 ...Norm

* Brought to you by OS/2 Warp v4.0 and PMMail *
* For a copy of my PGP key send me a message  *
* with "send pub_key" in the subject          *