Curious dating behavior in PMMail 2000

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 23:56:23 +0900 (EST)

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:44:07 -0500, Michael Baum wrote:

>This
>isn't  particularly
>debilitating or anything
>and I only pass it along for its amusement value.
>
>I have
>this one
>correspondent who's
>ISP has deliberately set the
>date on their Sun Unix server back
>28 years to save the trouble and cost of
>actually fixing some Y2K bug. No, swear to God

You'd better not - surely *nixes don't suffer from the stupidity of Y2K?? Could it have been their own joke on the
wicked world of W Gates III?

>I'm not making this up. When you open one of his messages,
>the date window "correctly" reports a day in 1972. On  the whole
>you'd kind of exepct his mail to all sort to the bottom of a folder sorted by
>message date, but in that context (a folder display, that is) the year is reported
>as 3872, so in fact they all sort to the top.
>
>Curious.
>
>maab

>New formatting to try to maximize the chances that _every_ reader's display will
>reproduce at least one line as originally entered.

What if they are all displayed as intended?

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to be very selective about who its friends are.