Authenticating email

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 06 May 2000 08:41:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 03 May 2000 17:08:34 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>I did point him at PMMail2k Professional, but we didn't want to
>screw up his ISP setup and I have no idea if PMMail2k would
>work with AOL (anyone know?).

An AOL user must use AOL proprietary software to access AOL. This software
/does not/ provide any hook to use an external mail client though it does
allow connection using your own ISP. The AOL user can send a message using
just screen name to another AOL user or send an /internet message/ which
requires the full internet email address.
--
/s/~Kris <norseman@humboldt1.com>