PM Mail/2 under a Novel/Pegasus system

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:18:25 +0100 (BST)

>You're almost right. But someone did it here in Vienna a couple of years
>back....
:-)

>And it's quite easy to spoof those email-serivices.
Indeed.

>So I wouldn't say that switching from a car without doorlocks to a
>cloth-covered convertible improves security as far as entering the car is
>concerened, would you?
No!
>That's what I meant!
I misunderstood (slightly) - sorry!

(I've heard of people forging email that apparently came from the
us president - a quite well known attack exploiting an ftp server,
so that the email really did come from the mail server there -
there're  a whole raft of security holes in the disparate unix
systems out there - many people don't apply patches - until its
too late!).

Simon