PM Mail/2 under a Novel/Pegasus system

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 07:55:01 -0700

Friday, May 19, 2000, 4:39:00 AM, John wrote:
> In hiring System Administrators, as in other things, you tend to get what
> you pay for.  A competent SysAdmin should know that a significant part of
> the job is staying on top of the security issues for the various systems
> they admin.

    The other half of this, of course, is that for systems that propose to
make it "easy for anyone to administer a machine" (*cough*NT*cough*) the
ignorant bosses' mind lights up, "I don't need to hire a dedicated SysAdmin
for this!  I could do it myself/have one of my lackeys do it!"

    Translation: A system designed for idiots will be run only by idiots.