UUencoding, UUdecoding, etc.

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 22 May 2000 17:01:18 -0700

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 02:19:13AM +0300, Cristian Secara wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2000 13:24:53 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >Bull.  We've gone over this several times.
> >10 seconds:  Yahoo! search on "free web"

> May be for you.  For me, e-mail is free, for http/ftp I have to pay
> (cost-per-connected-time).

    Then you would much rather have the ftp/http option and you know it!

1: As you pointed out in the last message, the encoding increases file size by
20%, that also means an increase in connection time.

2: You're connected to get mail and you don't have much choice in what comes
across the link.

3: If they send the link instead of the file you can choose to refuse to
retrieve it and thus not have to download it all.  No connection time.

> Result: no reason for using ftp instead for e-mail attachment, even if
> me and the other part are known very well how to manage a ftp account.

    Try again, esp. when you're the one who pointed out the first case.