Default Temporary Directory

Steve Wendt pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 23:02:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 24 May 2000 17:35:36 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

>>"An IBM spokesman said there will be no more 'fixpacks' for client software
>>after 31 January 2001, and for servers after 31 May 2001. Updates for

That is for Warp 4 and WSeB.  The Warp 4.5 client will be supported until at
least December 2002, according to official IBM announcements.  If you missed it,
the Warp 4.5 client is coming out in November (which you have to pay for, I'm
not referring to FP13).  And that does not preclude a Warp 5 client in the future,
although I'm not as convinced of it as some of the people on Usenet.

>>been achieved, and then change the operating system," said the spokesman.
>
>was pretty sure that what you quote may have been someone's spin on
>what IBM really said. Software Choice subscriptions will be valid after

Yep, notice how this spokesman was anonymous...

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)