Need help with variables in PMMail 2000 filters

Steve Marvin pmmail@dmiyu.org
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 22:01:11 -0500

On Fri, 03 Nov 2000 11:57:15 -0500, Michael Baum wrote:

>I sincerely hope this isn't an FAQ, but in any event I need help with using variable
>expressions in a filter for PMMail 2000.
>
>The goal is to write a filter that intercepts incoming email from a select group of
>addresses -- members of my familty, actually -- and route it to a particular folder. To
>do this, I created a filter, specified it as "complex" and (trying my best to follow the
>documentation) used the following expression:
>
>H.Fromid = "$ab.Family$"
>
>As I read it, this should extract the email address from the "From:" field in the
>message header and compare it to all email addresses stored in the Address Book
>"Family", returning true if it encounters a match, and then proceed to Take
>Appropriate Action.
>
>It don't work. Does anyone notice what I've done wrong? (Except, possibly, trusting
>Help files?)

I use h.fromid="$ab.family$"|h.from="$ab.family$" and it works just fine
for me, I also have others using address books and one using an address
group that work the same way. Some are set just to move to a folder, others
to move or copy and open....