BSw

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 03 Oct 2000 16:57:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:30:52 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Tuesday, October 03, 2000, 11:24:08 AM, Ralph wrote:

>> Why is he bothering to unsubscribe since he's ignored virtually
>> everything posted here anyway?
>
>    Why bother unsubscribing when he was never subscribed in the first place?

That's what I thought you had said before.  I don't know why Thomas
appears to have thought necessary to stretch the truth.  BSw hasn't
done anything to enhance its credibility here so perhaps he figured,
"Why start now?"

>> I'm going to head over there now and ask some questions to see if the
>> "official technical support" has any answers to the outstanding
>> questions that have defied any response from BSw over the past 8
>> months.
>
>    Don't bother, Jimmy is the one manning those forums and he has been here
>all the long as well.  You'll get the same rhetoric there as you did here.
>Only difference is that they no longer will provide official support on this
>list.  AFAIK there are no other 3rd party lists for PMMail.

I couldn't resist, so I posted questions anyway about the following
five topics:

  HTML Support for PMMail/2  (where is it?)
  A Charge for PMMail/2 Updates (will there be one?)
  Beta Release for PMMail/2 (when?)
  New Features in Next Release  (a list, please?)
  Bug Fixes in Next Release (a list, please?)

>I think it is quite clear that BSW doesn't give a damn
>about its current customer base and would
>much rather it would disappear.

Yep.  That's been clear for some time, now.  Seems like a strange
business strategy to me.  If they don't want to spend any more time and
money on PMMail then they should just say so and sell new licenses for
$10-$20 with no promise of upgrades.  At least then they wouldn't be
creating so many ill feelings.  BSw seems oblivious to the fact that
the ill feelings they create due to their mishandling of PMMail may
very well effect the sales of other BSw products like PMMail.

>    Thomas would know that /if/ he had subscribed.
>
>    Yeah, I'm just a bit upset again.

I understand, but frankly, they're just not worth it.

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com

rpcohen@neurotron.com