BSw

Postmaster Account pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 03 Oct 2000 18:52:37 -0400

Let's cool our jets shall we?

Seriously, relax folks.    If you just hate PMMail, can't stand to see
how we're handling things, or don't believe a word we say,  switch
clients, cheer up, and spend the time that you would normally spend
complaining about  the program with your family and people you care
about.  One day you'll wish you did just that, not with PMMail but with
a lot of other things too.

Although Jimmy asked for the list of users on this mailing list,   I
would prefer that we not obtain the list from Steve and say that we do
not wish this information in any format.   If it has been sent, we will
delete it and purge the list of any names used from the list.

We will have lists and naturally they will be readily available to all
members of this and any other PMMail list  members who choose to join.
   I would like to personally thank Steve Lamb for his support over the
years, but graciously decline any of the email addresses of the members
of this list.  It seems unnecessary and after thinking about it, that's
an exchange of private information that some people may not appreciate
(though I doubt it'd be a show stopper, there's no need to go there).

I am confident in our strategy, and I know we are gaining and losing
customers 24/7.      The object of the game is to make more happy
customers than you lose due to unhappy ones.  If you've never sold
anything more than lemonade, you know a basic principle of selling:
You're not going to make everyone happy and that you WILL, not MIGHT,
lose customers along the way.

On a personal note, a day doesn't go by that I don't get a  hundred
emails and at least a dozen calls.   I don't answer all of them (spam,
forwarded to someone more appropriate), and I read about 5% or so of
the lists I'm on, and somewhere in there are a few companies that I
have to manage as well.   I keep a low profile and prefer working  to
typing into the wind as I've done today and a  few weeks ago with
someone else on this list.  - It cost  2 or 3 hours of my life with
nothing productive to show for it.

Here's how it is:

1.  PMMail is a great client, it does exactly what it is supposed to
do, and works great for the vast, and I mean vast, majority of people
who use it.   It was never meant to be all things to all people and
never will be.    Remember Ultimail, PMMail 1.00, etc.    That's our
legacy and SouthSoft and Blueprint have kept it going.

2. Praise outranks complaints by several orders of magnitude.

3  PMMail sells every day - singles and it is not uncommon to have
small to large multiple copy orders.

4.  We offer phone, fax,  web forums, and lists for support - that's
not too shabby in the world of shareware is it?

For those of you complaining about the web forums - if your email
client is broken (ie you can't send and receive mail), web based
support is the most logical form of internet support since you might be
having trouble sending or receiving email - seems logical to me, but,
if you hate the very idea  then just ignore them like they aren't even
there.   For those of you going to the site and want to say "AH HA!  NO
LISTS, HE LIED!!!", we merged 2 mail servers into 1 last Friday and are
still moving domains over.   The lists are coming and the decision to
host official, company santioned support areas was only made a little
over a week ago.  Until then,  phone fax and forums will work fine for
tech support.Remember, our role is to provide support, not
companionship.  ;-)

PMMail has some bugs - so does every other program on your computer.

PMMail could use a facelift, but the interface is fast, intuitive, and
slick - some things you just don't mess with - they work.   Remember
New Coke?

IMAP support is not planned, now or in the future.

A German version is definitely planned.

The OS/2 version will continue to be enhanced and supported as much as
possible,  even though a certain big company doesn't support  the
compiler any longer.

Thomas