Alternatives to PMMail

xavier caballe pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 20:55:16 +0200

  Due to the lost of faith to BSW and the feeling that PMMail will not
  be updated in the near future, I started looking for alternatives.

  I just installed The Bat! and it looks as a really PMMail
  alternative, but I've found a couple of things that I don't like:

  - I imported a folder with 1500 messages. In PMMail, the size of
  this folder is aprox. 15 MB, but on The Bat! the size of the message
  file is more than 67 MB!!! Is this difference normal? I was
  expecting that the message file on The Bat will be smaller, since
  it joins all messages on a single file --something that I don't
  specially like--.

  - It seems that The Bat! is does not have a good behavior as an
  application that runs on a multitasking operating system. When The
  Bat! is on foreground or background, it eats about 33% of the CPU.
  Just when I minimize it, the CPU is released. I have to specifically
  minimize The Bat! in order to release the CPU. When the application
  is not on the foreground it still eats a lot of the CPU resources.

  Xavi
---
Foghorns blowing in the night, salt sea in the morning breeze,
driving cars all allong the coastline... This must be what paradise is like