[ADMIN] Good news, bad news...

Trevor Smith pmmail@dmiyu.org
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:06:39 -0300

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:02:36 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    As some may have noticed recently rpglink.com has gone kaput.  This is
>because NSI thinks "expired" means something than what it does in every other
>subscription based service.  "Expired" to them means, "Oh, we won't shut you
>down, we'll just let you wrack up 2 months of 'service', then cut you off and
>hold your domain hostage until you cough up a year's worth of dough before you
>can move it over to a new registrar."

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Network Solutions is the
WORST company I have ever dealt with in any way. They are
inefficient, arrogant and downright stupid at times. Get away from
them if you can--forever.

>    I'll keep everyone informed about this situation as I get it resolved.
>And yes, if anyone is wondering, this is exactly the type of crap that
>prompted me to tell NSI to squat on it with no lube.  :/

Good for you. I also told them the same for similar reasons. They are
idiots. I even gave them a final favour by writing a letter to their
management listing all the things they had done wrong to lose my
business. They responded by not responding at all.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor