System Requirements

Simon Bowring pmmail@dmiyu.org
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:19:51 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:57:55 -0400 (EDT), Skip Huffman wrote:

>So, what are the system requirements for PMM2000?  I participate
>in a couple of email list moderators discussions and whenever I
>see whining about Outlook, I recommend PMMail, but someone is
>concerned about "space" on her computer.

I try to keep space out of my computer, the cosmic rays
wreak havoc with modern CPUs ;-)

You can't easily predict how much disk space PMMail (or
most other mailers) require, since you don't know how much
email they want to keep or how big each email is going to be.
However it's a pretty safe bet that it's the emails themselves
that will take up the space for most users.

PMMail does not support email "compression" and stores
each individual message (and any attachments) in a single
file in "native mail format" - this is "a good thing" because
you can use other tools etc on the files to perform maintenance
or your own searches etc.

Simon