WAS Cat got everyone's tongues? NOW moving pmmail, again

Robert Dahlem pmmail@dmiyu.org
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:41:35 +0200

Ken,

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:38:52 -0400, Ken Diehl wrote:

>I recently moved pmmail for windows from one directory to another.  I
>guess I got the sequence of copying my mail files/install backwards
>but I now have two inboxes and two sent mail folders.  Any
>suggestions on how to get rid of the extras?

Copy exactly one unique mail into each of your duplicate folders. Be
sure they are not marked unread. Be sure to have the sentence "I want
to get rid of this #$)&%"@)%@) folder" (copy this sentence to the
clipboard :-) only in mails in folders you want to get rid of.

Quit PMMail. Fire up "Windows Exploder". Locate your PMMail directory,
RMB, Search (or whatever this is named in your local version), search
for any file containing "I want to get rid of this .... [and so on,
you can past it from the clipboard :-]". Note the directories found.
Delete those directories. Start up PMMail.

>Another question.  I am getting ready to transfer pmmail from an old
>computer to a new one.  Any suggestions of the sequence mentioned
>above to avoid the duplicate boxes again.  I think I did a new
>install of pmmail and then did the copy.  Next should I copy the
>directory first and them do an install of pmmail second?  TIA

First do the install. This will copy some DLLs to the systems
directories, but will leave you with an empty, unregistered PMMail.
Afterwards copy the directories. You gain the registration and the
contents. Dont forget the TOOLS directory, it contains your address
book. Its not located below PMMAIL but on the same directory level.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem@gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.