Thoughts on the announcement or "With everything, stir, stir, stir...."

Bruce Francis pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 13:17:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:46:17 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> We've been working on this next release for more than a few months
>
>    Good.  We've heard this before, nothing new.  Details now would be much
>better than what we have already gotten.

One thing I've wondered about since BSW took over this product, and it
keeps bubbling up whenever I think about the (nearly total, excepting
a quick revision that was output mainly to put new icons in the program and
revise the contact points from SouthSoft to BSW) lack of programming
output regarding PMMail, especially PMMail/2:

Who are the programmers?   Or if they must remain anonymous, how
many programmers are there?  Win?  OS/2?

If we're left to judge based on output, it's a very small number (<1).

My guess, after reading the announcement, is that they'll have one when
Peter gets settled down.....

Who is on the beta team?  *Is* there a beta team?

Without a published buglist, or a featurelist for the next version, how
do the customers/users know *which* bugs will be fixed until the new
product is thrown over the wall and hits us on the head?

This whole "structure" (quotes intended) is not conducive to outputting
and developing a quality product.  Frankly, I've not seen anything quite like it.

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"